A Beautiful Day in the Nieghbourhood

Garry2Rs

Today was a beautiful day in Yuma Arizona...80 degrees and sunny.

There was no acceptable excuse for staying home.

The Weather Channel and the Solunar charts predicted an excellent fishing period about 4:30 - 5 o'clock.

Around noon, Buck and I took a walk, then went to the lake.

There were empty boat trailers everywhere!

It looked like a tournament day.

We waited our turn and got launched and parked etc.

To while away the afternoon we fished everywhere but our favourite spots, waiting for the "Witching Hour."

At the appointed time we were back in the area that had paid dividends last Thursday.

Do you see the green reeds just to the right of the mountain peak?

DSCN1272-1.jpg

We saw a fish jump right there.

Using the trolling motor to position ourselves about a cast length away, we tossed Little Mister Money to the edge of the weeds.

I should tell you that I got a free spool of 12 pound test Trilene in the mail.

I only use Braid!

But free line is free line so I put some on the spare spool of the spinning reel and filled up a small Calcutta 50 baitcaster with the 12 pound mono.

The last two fish I've caught were on the spinning reel, one on a tube and the other, last Thursday, on the Lil' Mister Money crankbait.

Both on Mono...See our post from a couple of days ago, "Bass fishing in Arizona."

Today I had Little Mister Money on the small baitcaster that was loaded with the mono, and guess what?

Another fish!

The crankbait landed at just about where the fish had jumped. I hardly turned the handle when the rod loaded up.

Buck came immediately to attention!

But I recalled what our friend Cory had said about Buck at the supper table.

How when he's hanging around, I just tell him to "Go Lay Down."

DSCN1289.jpg

So, that's what I did, and we had no problems at all.

This one is short, only 15 inches.

DSCN1287.jpg

I was so proud of Buck that I forgot to weigh the fish...grin.

DSCN12912.jpg

Garry2rs

80F?? You are tying to make us all crazy aren't you? LOL. Great report...love the pics. Right now it's -30C with the wind chill here in Toronto....your post shows me that spring can NOT come fast enough! Right now, I'm really enjoying reading posts like yours and GCD...they keep me going!

I called my fishing buddy to let him know that I was catching fish.

He bought a park model trailer this winter and hasn't been available to fish very often, because of an ever growing "Honey-Do" list.

We arranged to hook up at Lunch time yesterday for three or four hours on the water.

It was blowing pretty hard when we launched. I headed back to the area that has been good to me these last few days.

Dick was throwing a lip less BPS Rattle Shad and it only took him a few casts to hook up with this fish...

DSCN12942.jpg

The wind made life pretty hard, you can see it bending the toolies in the background.

It took me a little longer to get this little guy on my 2 inch Little Mr. Money.

DSCN12952.jpg

We gave it a good try for a couple more hour without any action, and were off the water by 4PM.

It was very bright, and quite warm..85F, but I'm not complaining, it's a dry heat...HAHAHA.

Garrry2rs