battery guard on sale

BFSC Kevin

nautillus battery gaurd http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...408474396672454

Features

-An innovative marine accessory that easily installs onto any 12V watercraft battery

-Protects the operator from getting stranded with a dead battery

-Continually monitors battery charge, and automatically isolates the battery from the electrical system if it detects that the power is falling below the level that is required to start the motor

-Also acts as an anti-theft system, by completely immobilizing the watercraft when activated

0113002_450_CC_62493.jpg

i'll be picking up one or two for the boat.. looks good to me, $40 drop from $90 for the nuatillus one...

and..the car version http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true

cheers, kevin

well.. i would assume...

extra battery = more weight, more expensive then that device, and what if that battery goes dead too? the spare battery you gotta maintain too.

device = $40 in comparison to $100+ for a battery, makes sure you got enough juice to start your motor, small and light...

kevin

Kevin when I first got my Lund SSV in 2004 on my very first outing the battery went dead at the launch.luckily I had cables in my car and boosted my boat with the trolling deep cycle battery .I now carry cables on board as back up .You can always count on your trolling battery as back up just in case.A set of jumper cables are light weight and don't take up alot of space.I am sure this might not be good for your deep cycle battery but hell if your stuck it does work.

MTP

Also read the consumer reviews on the bottom of the Cndn Tire page. Seems they may be cheap and break so the car won't start at all. I'd assume the marine one isn't better designed... so maybe the mark down to rid the stores of junk before new improved inventory arrives?