Cooler Question.....NF

It's really simple. The same cooler that can keep stuff at 0C for days when it's 30C outside, will keep stuff above 0C when it's -30 outside, at least for six hours.

So there you have it. 6 hours it is.

It's amazing how simple things are sometimes.

Yup. There's so many variables to this formula. The real answer is that none of us know the answer.

I'll post a report when I get back...I'm surprised as to how many replies there are and i guess not too many of us use a cooler in the winter :unsure: ...

Once we get up to the cabin and unload the food into the fridge, I'll forfeit a can of beer :w00t: , put it in the cooler and leave it outside :whistling:

I gaurentee it'll be ok ;)....

Was fishing in Algonquin with a Cheapy soft cooler a few years back in late April and the overnight low dropped to minus 4.

The beer was nice and cold, but it din't freeze.

(in retrospect I shoulda kept the beer in the water but hey...I wasn't thinking LOL)

I'd imagine minus 30 is a bit different but with a good cooler your golden.

So....not sure about other coolers, but the Xtreme Coleman cooler worked great as far as keeping items from freezing during the trip up and over the weekend period..I threw a can of beer in the cooler out on the porch Friday afternoon and it was "drinkable" on Sunday :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter