Fishing in Oakville

Parisite

Hi all,

No longer a true Paris-ite. Made the move to Oakville in December.

Having the Grand River so close was great for the Smallmouth fishing habit that I quickly became addicted to.

I am planning on taking advatage of the double digit temperatures on Wednesday morning and there are a couple of choices that I have available to me here in Oakville...Basically from the lake up to the 407 on both Bronte Creek and Sixteen Mile Creek.

With Bass being closed now (Can't wait until it opens, I hear there are good Smallies in the Sixteen) it seems as though Pike and Perch are my options from Oakville Pier and I'm not sure what one would come across at Bronte Pier.

Any recommendations for either creek?

I could also unpack the chest waders so I wouldn't be limited to just pier fishing.

I realize the sensitivity of posting "Creek X on the east bank just around the bend that is 300m north of the fallen rocks" but any general location and species info would be greatly appreciated.

:whistling: I wouldn't be offended by a PM or two with a little more specific info. :whistling:

Thanks all. Looking forward to new fishing adventures...With mandatory trips back to the Grand.

Basically from the lake up to the 407 on both Bronte Creek and Sixteen Mile Creek.

Both those flows are closed now for pretty much everything. Best to stick to the mouths.

Both 16 Mile and Bronte get some nice smallies but most of the decent sized ones are back down to the lake come opener.

Burt :)

16 in the summer can get pretty thin. the nicer pools in the summer are on bronte. watch the regs though some areas like lakeshore to rebacca is a santuary. I grew up fishing both and all the bigger bass I have caught have all been clsoer to the mouth. My biggest creek bass is a little over 4 pounds. I have personally seen and weighed a 6 1/2 pound smallie for a guy caught at the mouth of bronte in about 2 feet of water. the guy was casting a

about 15 years ago i used to fish the 16 at glen abbey golf course before they were anal about walking the shores down there. There were a few decent pools but it is now at the point were its not worth the hassle. Same as lions valley, its closed this year for bridge construction but its so busy its more frustrating then enjoyable.

personally though. the best river is the credit. 10-15 minutes down the road you are fishing one of the most underated rivers in ontario. It is heavily fished but if you find the right times it can be queit and a great time!

Cheers!

Yeah I Second the Credit for sure! Highly Underrated. I lived in Port Credit for about a year and man do I miss fishing that River!

In the summer you can catch smallies all day long, there's the obvious steelhead runs, the salmon runs, pike, largemouth, browns

and you might even get a surprise or two along the way! My biggest being two nice Walleye back to back. Still my favourite catches

in the credit...a close second to my first salmon...

You should try it out sometime!

gallery_133_216_54905.jpeg

gallery_133_216_17595.jpeg

Good Luck!

uf