Boat Dent Removal

PERCHER

Any body have any ideas on how to remove these dents or know anyone who can remove them.When I got home from the Quinte get together I noticed this huge crease in the side of the boat.I don't know how it got there but its there.I try to keep the boat in as new condition as possible and now this .Can anybody help?114197.JPG114485.JPG

people pay big bucks for that NIKE Swoosh!! LOL

sorry brother.... perhaps a rubber mallet and a soft touch?

but that is more then a dent it is a crease... much more difficult to remove without drilling holes and pulling it out...

Good luck!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

The dock as someone leaned over to catch it!

Access available on the inside Dan?

..what is this "how to work with aluminum" night?

Gerritt...you got the hair on my back up and an ill feeling happening.."drill holes and pull it out" :w00t:

Edited by irishfield

Well I'm leaving Tuesday am..but will be back Thur night late. You could bring it up Friday if you want and we can work it out...or some other convient time thru the winter/spring. Shouldn't be a big deal with a carpeted chunk of oak held tight on the outside and a flush face in my rivet gun on the inside.

Wayne... thats how I pulled a crease outta my car... the kit sold at CTC! lol

A boat is different I know... but then again I aint a sheet metal worker... I did high steel for awhile but hardly a sheet metal guy...

DanC might also chime in here... with a suggestion...

looks like a bad crease for sure I I would be worried about stress pulling it out vs. anything else considering its location....

might be best to just leave it???

Gerritt.

DanC might also chime in here... with a suggestion...

I can make just about anything you want out of aluminum, but I'm no pro at fixing creases. Wayne has the right idea I'd say. But be careful as aluminum stresses and fractures easily. But I'm sure Wayne knows about that too. I'd probably just leave it. Tell everyone that a big Muskie made the crease..

Sounds like a plan Dan! LOL

Gerritt..we won't induce any stress into 5052 taking that back out properly...but like I said what do I know about aluminum.

The paint I can't guarantee...but I don't think we'll hurt it either.

Too bad we can't put the boat on it's side and run it back and forth thru the English Wheel ! It's also amazing what you can do with 1/2 a pound of lard and an oak rubbing stick.

Edited by irishfield