Downrigger Release Q

douG

Was bequeathed a Roemer release by a board member whom I wish to remain nameless, and I'm trying to figger out how to run the line through the release.

The release looks like this:

i010623sn01.jpg

Thanks for the advice, and Merry Christmas!

douG

Edited by douG

Hey doug those releases are great ,thery are the best stackers too !!! its hard to tell you over the puter,but there should be a diagram on the back of the package,i have 3 of them,at the bottom of the release you have to loop it around to where the little knob is,then loop it up top straight aboue and back down through,you can slide them up and down using that little stainless,metal tab,you can also adjust the tension too,with the dial at the bortom,they are the best!!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Fishindevil is right they are a very reliable release, the knob adjusts pressure, you basically place your line in the pad, close the releasethen thr lure end slides into the trigger looking thing on the bottom, after ward the line from the rod goes thru the same lever, -hard to describe it but the hit causes the pad to release. and you guy's thougtht I only know bass! LOL

hey doug the flat part at the front goes on the line,then bring it under to the part where the knob is bring it up through there loop on the top and bring it back down through the part with the knob....its hard to say over the puter man but it really is easy,it takes about 10seconds....do you live nearby me im in oshawa???..LOL..LOL..LOL