Eagles in Need of Rogaine

brandon

Today I only had to work till about noon which was awesome because it was the first time the sun showed itself in about 2 weeks. I was hoping to just take some pics of ducks and geese so I went to Boundary Bay Park in Tsawwassen. After walking a good portion of the trail with no waterfowl in sight I noticed something far ahead in the tree.....I knew right away it was a Bald Eagle. In order to get a decent photo of it I had to approach from a certain angle due to the angle of the sun. After hopping a wooden fence and hopscotching around water hazards I THOUGHT i was in position for a shot......with the camera ready I aimed it up only to see this through the view finder...

025resize.jpg

Thankfully the giant bird flew only a few trees over. I slowly approached trying not to spook it. I made sure to stop every few steps and take pictures incase I did accidentally spook it so I'd have at least a few pics. However the Eagle wasn't spooked at all.....

080resizewatermark2.jpg

086resizewatermark.jpg

125resizewatermark.jpg

I said my goodbyes and headed back to the parking lot however the photo expedition was not over yet....

A different Eagle was sitting in a tree close to where I parked so I got a few more pics of it before heading home

228croppedresizewatermark.jpg

251resizewatermark.jpg

I mentioned I said my goodbyes and this might sound weird but I thank every animal/bird I take pics of.......I'm normally not superstitions but its just a habit of mine.......

Merry Xmas everybody

Great shots Brandon, I'm still waiting for my great Bald Eagle shot. I wanted one last year while I was in BC. Every time I tried to get one they were moving or we were moving. And as luck would have it, the day I finally saw one perched in a tree posing for the perfect shot, I had left my camera back at my sister's house. We were just running to Walmart up the road, so I left the camera behind. Seen a couple here in Ontario, but haven't got close enough for a good shot. You got the exact shots I'm looking for, perched in a tree with just the sky behind. I bow my head to you Bud.