Snow blower help!

PatrickGG

My Dad has a rubber track snow blower with a rip cord and wants to get a electric starter installed and a little tune up done and was wondering if anyone here can recommend me to a shop preferably located in the west end of toronto , i remember there was a shop located on Keele south of Eglinton but they are long gone any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by PatrickG

Why not just install it your self, it's quite easy. There are 4 bolts that hold the starter in and in most cases they will already be in the block, the top two are sholder bolts, you don't need to touch those, just remove the two bottom onesslip the starter up so that the slotted tabs fit under the sholder bolts, insert and tighten the two bottom bolts. Shouldn't take more that 20 minutes Max. New starters are usually between $150.00 and $200.00 bucks. You'll need your modle number and serial number to make sure you get the right one for that machine.

As for the tune up on those units, I'm not even going to try to type out how to get at all the bushings, belts, bearing, and chains LOL.