True Winter Steelheading Today!

solopaddler

Lansing is right in the heart of MI, not really close to anything...

If you have a full day to kill you might drive up to the Little or Big Manistee,

about a 21/2 hour drive from Lansing.

Even if the fishing is slow it's worth the trip, the country around there is absolutely beautiful.

Also, the Grand River flows through Lansing. Here is a really cool little write-up on the Grand River.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/greatrivers/grand

I don't know why, but when you click on the link the flyanglersonline server will tell you "looks like that one got away"... All you need to do is delete the slash after "grand" in the address bar, then hit enter. I have no idea why it's doing that.

Close to Grand Rapids, which is closer than the Manistee, the Rogue River flows into the Grand. Here is a link with details.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing..._06_Rockford_MI

The Manistee is a fabled river, though, and worth the drive. But these links provide you with destinations that are a lot closer to where you'll be (or are).

:whistling:

p.-

Edited by Paulus

i cant believe i missed this post... i was thinking what the heck, no report from solopaddler this weekend??? i always look forward to your reports sir...great stuff as usual..

im thinking about getting out next thursday/friday for some steel hopefully it stays a little warmer!

keep it up!!

dobee

i cant believe i missed this post... i was thinking what the heck, no report from solopaddler this weekend??? i always look forward to your reports sir...great stuff as usual..

im thinking about getting out next thursday/friday for some steel hopefully it stays a little warmer!

keep it up!!

dobee

Hey cool, I just noticed you're from Dundas too!

As far as steelheading goes the weather and conditions will be prime later this week.

Most likely headed back for a 2 day chrome-a-thon this Fri/Sat :D

Edited by solopaddler