Brown

ShaunB

I caught one last year, around this time too that was full of eggs, let go of course. I guess some just get a late start? Heck, I caught a chinook last week, still in good shape, took around 15 minutes to land kinda shape, and was clearly in its spawning form. BTW, nice fish Shaun.

Edited by Hooked

It all fine that you let it go. Very nice ethics. But if she was dripping loose there is no way she is going to spawn successfully. She has to make it at least up to the Inglewood area to find gravel that wont develop anchor ice and have cool enough water for her progeny to survive their first summer. In this cold water I doubt that she tries to get over the Streetsville fishway.

I didn't know they had to get that far up to spawn succesfully. I took a walk down to the ladder last week saw a few bows trying to jump the falls but none in the ladder. Do you know why they keep it closed for the salmon? Do they not want them getting in to the upper?

salmon are stopped at streetsville ladder due to egg collection and the current managment plan, presumed wild rainbows are transfered by truck to an undisclosed location above Norval, to establish a self sustaining population browns are stopped at Norval. Streetsville is an impassable barrier as is Norval. Browns rainbows and Chinook are not allowed into the upper Credit at all. There is an Environmental assesment underway and craa hopes a ladder in Norval and an upstream barrier will be in place by 2008