We are getting there

keram

I was driving by Lake Scugog today and it just happened I've had my camera in the car. Took few picks for your enjoynment :devil::lol:

Port Perry side

gallery_186_32_49134.jpg

Cesarea ( it looks that somebody takes part in Darwin Award contest :o:dunno:

gallery_186_32_70194.jpg

gallery_186_32_21208.jpg

Few more "frozen" shots :P:lol:

gallery_186_32_58399.jpg

gallery_186_32_102514.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_49705.jpg

gallery_186_32_82150.jpg

Edited by keram

Beautiful !!!! January 1st on the BOG is one of my favourite openers. Can't wait!!!

Our own Beansie's Baked walleye with Basmati Rice and a greek salad that evening for supper with a bottle or two of wine...followed by a coffee and baileys. Now that's a perfect day.

Thx for the pictures....now you got me going!!!

Its been frozen right across for almost 2 weeks now. I'd bet there's at least 6" of ice all the way across.

I've fished scugog thru the ice on Nov. 11 before. Way back when the season didnt close until march 15th. Those were the days!!

Sinker

I have it written on a calender from 1989.

3" of clear ice, 17 walleye caught, biggest 4lbs. Still open water on the east side of the lake, snowing, -8, with winds 15k Nw :)

Season used to open on the second Sat. in may, and stay open until march 31 back then........and there used to be a lot more fish, with half the fisherman!!

Sinker

Sinker I got your back on this one.

I never ice fished Scugog back in the days before it was open Jan 1st. However a Co-worker of mine, the one who got me into ice fishing in the first place...says he had more then a few winters where he was icing walleyes on the BOG well before December 1st. And if he said he did, it's the truth...simple as that.