Toronto pike report

Weeds

Wandered down to the waterfront today for a little bit of piking action. Had a spot in mind but found it was frozen over. Moved over to near the base of the spit. It felt like 0 in most of toronto today but the wind was really coming off the lake which must of made it negative something cause it was pretty cold. Every 7th or 8th cast with the Damn mono on the baitcaster it would tangle, I can't understand why anybody could favour it over braid. Not only was I getting some wicked tangles but the line was freezing up. It was ugly. Just as I was about to quit, a big pike did not come up over the drop off and strike my lure. Nor did he manage to throw the lure, becuase he never hit it in the first place. Releasing him was particularly easy. You know that deep sense of satisfaction you get when you catch a nice big pike? Well, I don't. So in summmary I had zero follows, zero hits and went zero for zero on caught and landed. No pike were harmed in the making of this report as no pike were encountered. I'm getting sick of getting skunked on these Toronto pike. Seems like anybody and their grandma can catch one.....cept me. Driving me CraZy. Rant, Rant, Rant.

Sorry to hear you got skunked. From the title of the thread I thought is was going to a good one. You were definately in one of the prime spots for pike.

Good luck next time.

As for line I'd stay away from braid soon. It will freeze up. And yeah mono is crappy in cold weather. I'm using fireline right now. Its doesn't hols as much water and no birds nests either.

Good luck on your next outting if you try again.

dsn

Well, thanks for the words of encouragement. I will indeed try again. Every dog has it's day and I know mine is coming. It will just be that much sweeter when it finally happens.

We can add a little trivia. Name that tune. (Line from song- "I'm a driver ,I'm a winner, things are gonna change for me , I can feel it.)

PS. Anybody editing their posts at 3:32 is probably not going fishing the next day.

Edited by Weeds

Well, thanks for the words of encouragement. I will indeed try again. Every dog has it's day and I know mine is coming. It will just be that much sweeter when it finally happens.

We can add a little trivia. Name that tune. (Line from song- "I'm a driver ,I'm a winner, things are gonna change for me , I can feel it.)

PS. Anybody editing their posts at 3:32 is probably not going fishing the next day.

Beck,

And don't give up!

Beck,

Snag wins the prize, which is as equally non existant as my pike. I won't give up.

DSN, were you Carp fishing or piking? I would imagine Carp must be getting pretty near dormant, but then again I've seen the occasional pic when someone gets them through the ice in the dead of winter.

Snag wins the prize, which is as equally non existant as my pike. I won't give up.

DSN, were you Carp fishing or piking? I would imagine Carp must be getting pretty near dormant, but then again I've seen the occasional pic when someone gets them through the ice in the dead of winter.

I was pike fishing.

Oh by the way you should get all excited just look at this thread how long it lasted on the first page and you got skunked.

While my pike outting trip and I caught one is on second page maybe third page by now.

:lol: You get more rpelies to getting skunked, than you do if you caught something. :lol:

Go figure. :huh:

dsn