Flotation Suits . . . . . .

Photoz

I bought a Mustang Atlantic Class floater suit at Lebaron's 'no tax' sale 4 years ago next month. I've worn it about 10 times . . . . WAY Y Y Y Y too warm, when ya have to walk a few klicks to your fave whitie / laker territory. Meant for sitting around in sub zero temps in the howling wind I'd say, definately NOT for walking long distances in though! But . . . . . during some inquiries I've read in the past on this board, I THINK I've heard guys with experience using these things suggesting this floatation material ceases to float after a period of time? Is this accurate? If so, how can you tell, short of jumping in the lake (I KNOW some might suggest I do this) if your suit still floats? If it MIGHT not, what then . . . . get the 'floatation' material replaced? Toss it? Sell it at a bargain price to somebody you don't like? (Just kidding!)

I bought a Mustang Atlantic Class floater suit at Lebaron's 'no tax' sale 4 years ago next month. I've worn it about 10 times . . . . WAY Y Y Y Y too warm, when ya have to walk a few klicks to your fave whitie / laker territory. Meant for sitting around in sub zero temps in the howling wind I'd say, definately NOT for walking long distances in though! But . . . . . during some inquiries I've read in the past on this board, I THINK I've heard guys with experience using these things suggesting this floatation material ceases to float after a period of time? Is this accurate? If so, how can you tell, short of jumping in the lake (I KNOW some might suggest I do this) if your suit still floats? If it MIGHT not, what then . . . . get the 'floatation' material replaced? Toss it? Sell it at a bargain price to somebody you don't like? (Just kidding!)

Pretty much have to put it on and jump in a pool/lake somewhere to test it. The material will start to disintigrate over time...you can send the suits back to mustang to have them refilled.

Not to worry Photoz, there is no best before date....As long as they are stored properly, not left in sunlight, or abused then they will last for a long time...But just like life jackets and float vests, toss it in the water once a year anda make sure it floats

Hope that helps ya

I'm not sure of the size . . . . but I had it made by Omar the Tent-Maker! I had considered selling it . . . . . but then I'd likely get healthy again, and need it!! You see, SOMETIMES I gotta get 'er stripped off . . . . QUICKLY!! If ya ain't quick enough . . . ah h h h . . . . never mind!

I'm not sure of the size . . . . but I had it made by Omar the Tent-Maker! I had considered selling it . . . . . but then I'd likely get healthy again, and need it!! You see, SOMETIMES I gotta get 'er stripped off . . . . QUICKLY!! If ya ain't quick enough . . . ah h h h . . . . never mind!

I know what you have gone through, so try taking it in for a modificaton, putting in a couple quick access flaps should be easy enouh for a seamstress without affecting the suits buoyoncy

On second thought...I'm sure it's just fine.... :lol: