New PB Walleye

GbayGiant

Well a little off my PB, this one was around 4.5" and a smaller one was around 2.5". :rolleyes: I've caught three of these little guys all last week in the river. They look like they just hatched a couple weeks ago ? do you think the walleye are spawning twice or what ? or do some spawn this prematurely ? I've never seen this before or caught any this small period. They ate minnows the same size as them. :)

gallery_322_261_15738.jpg

They look like they just hatched a couple weeks ago ? do you think the walleye are spawning twice or what ?

gallery_322_261_15738.jpg

If they just hatched a couple of weeks ago, they'd be smaller than your baby finger nail and probably not identifiable as a Walleye. They're at least a year old. Maybe two in the case of the larger one.

If they just hatched a couple of weeks ago, they'd be smaller than your baby finger nail and probably not identifiable as a Walleye. They're at least a year old. Maybe two in the case of the larger one.

Thanks, I never seen any hatcheries or read about it before. I guess my bait is usually to big for these guys so I usually don't catch them this small, but it's good to see them in the river then.

Thanks, I never seen any hatcheries or read about it before. I guess my bait is usually to big for these guys so I usually don't catch them this small, but it's good to see them in the river then.

It's alway good to see juveniles in the waters John. Thanks for posting the fact that you're doing just that.

• 1 month later...