Got my first deer - NF

steve_paul

Not as Euphoric as I thought my first deer would be :wallbash:

Playing in a hockey tournament this weekend and had our first game last night. Coming home from the game, 2 large deer decided to go west across the highway while I was travelling north. Missed the first one but got the 2nd head on. I really know nothing about deer other than I think it was male as it was a biggun with some horns. Needless to say, it was not the rack I was thinking about on my way home. Luckily when I hit him he went down instead of up, ran over him I think based on the bump and pulled off the road. Looked back and didn't see him - hopefully his suffering was over quickly though as he took an awful wallup.

They can do some amazing damage to a vehicle

med_gallery_67_323_101644.jpg

med_gallery_67_323_53422.jpg

Luckily one of the guys I was playing with stopped and help me with the bumper. It had been driven right back into the front tire. Attached a chain to it and pulled it off enough so I could get home.

med_gallery_67_323_134818.jpg

I was even trying to be nice to deer this year - created a little sanctuary at the home so they wouldn't get hit

med_gallery_67_323_61334.jpg

I guess the 2 last night didn't get the invite.

Oh well, no injuries to me so I am thankful for that, insurance and body shop will cover the rest. Felt kinda lucky so grabbed a Super 7 ticket on the way home - will see how that turns out later.

Been said before, watch out for the deer, they are out in full force right now.

Glad to see the truck is only damage, Did ya win your hockey tourney?

Lost the tournament - didn't even get a dam t-shirt :wallbash:

that sucks man but your lucky you are ok. it oculd have been worse if it did go up and over.

Cheers!

That is what I said to my wife, I am glad I had the truck and not her car, would have been alot worse if he landed on the hood and came in thru the window.

Took it to my insurance company "approved" body shop today - first words from the body shop manager - "This wasn't caused by a deer" - I pulled a few of the hairs out from the tire and asked him what kind of animal did it then?? Oh well, another week and half and my truck will be ready again.

And to top it off, didn't win a thing on my lottery ticket either. But at least, no injuries so nothing really to complain about.