any info on chevy impalas

Marko

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new car and i really like impalas.

I have a chevy lumina now and its been great but its just worn out.

I am just wondering if anyone here knows if impala`s are any good or if anyone here owns one.

Any info would be much appriciated.

Last winter I had to replace my company car in a hurry and I did the research on the Buick Allure and Impala and most of the reviews I read were positive especially on the Impala.

One thing I would suggest if your not hung up on the it`s gotta be new thing is to look at a 2006 or 2007 low mileage used. As most people know GM vehicles for the most part have a lousy resale value especially in the first year or two thats the way I went and I saved 14K over a new vehicle.The vehicle I bought had 17,000 miles on it, to me that new car smell was not worth 14K.

I am in sales in and we get paid mileage and therefore buy our own cars. I have always done well with Buicks. My 2001 Century had 390K on it when I bought my LeSabre, and the only thing I had to replace was front wheel bearings, one coil spring broke, and the catalytic converter. Brakes (every 90K) and oil changes don't count.

A few of my colleages drove Impalas. The three with the standard cars with the 3.4L V6 had problems such as the intake manifold gasket, and other engine problems. I have the 3.4L in my van and also did the gasket. $30 part, $800 labour!!!!

The only one who didn't have problems was the one with the 3.8L V6.

I would suggest if you want an Impala to look for one with the 3800 Series II engine. I will run forever....

Burt :)

The 3.4 is not an option on the Buick or the Impala the 3.8 is standard on the Buick and the 3.5 on the Impala, The 3.9 and 5.3 are also options on the Impala.

My mistake, I misread, I thought he was looking for a used one, the 3.4L was standard on the Impala from 2000-2005....

You are correct, luckily the 3.4L was not available for the Buicks. I have the 3.8L now and it is solid...

Burt :)

Buick Allure (called Century previously), Chevy Impala, Buick Regal are basically the same chasis built in Oshawa and have been rivalling the Jap cars in "initial quality" etc. for a few years now. We bought a Century because they're great driving, reliable, reasonably priced cars.