Fishing Report from the last 2 weekends

Hi all,

With the leaves falling from the trees, the northern waterfowl arriving on Lake O and the cold wind blowing in to the big city I knew it was time to try fishing the Toronto Islands one last time this weekend. I actually went last weekend too but didn't get chance to post a report. Here's how I did on both trips...

Last weekend...

Went out on the Saturday for a few hours to see if I could hook into some late season bass or a nice pike. The weeds have died right back and few fish were to be seen cruising the shorelines or docks. The weather wasn't great either so I wasn't too optimistic until I got to one of my favourite spots and saw a few dark bass-like shapes hanging around some structure. It wasn't long before I managed to get a bite but somehow didn't get a good hookset and the fish was lost. :wallbash: I tried again, hoping that I hadn't spooked the fish. Five mins later I have a second bite, I strike but manage to pull the bait right out of the bass' mouth. :wallbash: I tried again and bang third time lucky I managed to bring in a nice 2.5lb largemouth. :thumbsup_anim: Not quite the big bass I was looking for but not bad for this time of year. I then tried casting lures for pike but didn't get any follows or hits, so called it a day.

gallery_354_52_197968.jpg

gallery_354_52_96244.jpg

This weekend...

Headed out to the Islands for a few hours Saturday afternoon. My wife decided to come with me for the walk and the fresh air - it was nice to have the company out there but I knew it would mean a short time fishing - she has no patience! :rolleyes: We started out fishing an area I knew often held 'panfish' late in the year. The aim was to avoid the dreaded skunk. It was great fun fishing with a float and worm and seeing the float go under every few minutes. Caught about half a dozen pumpkinseed sunfish and a tiny largemouth bass before moving on. The bass had great patterns on it but was somewhat smaller than the hawgs I have been catching recently on float and worm tactics at the islands - could this really be my last bass ever?! Not quite the end to my Canadian fishing experience I had hoped for - perhaps this means I will have to get out and try one more time to catch the 'big one' before I go back to England. I moved on to my favourite bass spot but there were no fish to be found. Even fishing deep water for pike with xraps failed, so it was time to go and make the long walk back to the Wards Island ferry. As I went I took a few parting shots of the islands for you all to enjoy.

gallery_354_52_135696.jpg

gallery_354_52_70170.jpg

gallery_354_52_127586.jpg

gallery_354_52_230707.jpg

gallery_354_52_218358.jpg

med_gallery_354_52_69218.jpg

gallery_354_52_13621.jpg

Hopefully I will get one more fishing trip in this year to share with you all. :Gonefishing:

Cheers

Edited by OO7

MTP - Flight is booked for mid December. One-way ticket unfortunately - I'm moving back home for work and family reasons. No plans on being back next year, though I will get a lot more vacation time so who knows I might get back someday for a bass fishin' holiday!

Nice report & pics too !!!!thats a great catch of fish considering the way the weather has been the last few weekends ,thats too bad it might be your last fishing trip,before you head home...good-luck on your future fishing endevours,and maybe we will see you back on-line before long with a fishing report & trip from england....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: