Ice fishing

jat

hey all, not sure if anyone saw the tv investigative reports about the fish we buy here..BUT.if you didn't.....the majority of ALL fish comes processed from China. We have to worry about Malachite Green a cancer causing agent they use to kill bacteria. Their fish farms are overcrowded and no wonder everything is diseased. I don't trust anything that comes from China and now am looking to catch my own fish when the ice arrives. Here's an article you'll find interesting.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

I am trying to target put and take fisheries so as not to go after the natural population. If anyone has any info about where I could go for splake and rainbow within a 3-4 drive from Toronto that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....pm me if you want.

Well jat,the best thing you can do is to call the area Ministry of natural resources office in what ever area you are planning to fish,and they usually have a stocking list of lakes that are put & take fisheries,as well as lakes that have different or all year round angling. they will tell you about those lakes and some will even tell you how the fishing has been there recently...good-luck