Ordering from Bass Pro Online

fishinggeek

when you place an order it tells you how much the shipping is and you can still cancel the order at that point if you don't like what you see

if the product is made in the US there should be no duty, but if made in other countries they may well be a duty

but when you buy from BPS online they ship it to you by UPS and they act as the broker for bringing it across the border.. and the broker fee can and has been as much as 50% of the products price....so I quit buying from them

I only order form places that will send it USPS

cabelas is good

hope that helps

Hey FishingGeek,

I order from BPS online quite a few times a year. Have always found their service first rate, and have never encountered unexpected charges. I'd say it's changed since Terry used to order, as I have never once been charged a brokerage fee. My packages arrive via CANPAR or FedEX, with no asking for additional money on my end. Never once.

Duty fees are very insignificant, if at all applicable.

Pulled out my last invoice to give you an idea of costs.

Invoice.

Subtotal - $228.86

Shipping/Insurance/Rod - $36.69

($12 of the above shipping charge was due to ordering two rods - anything over 6-feet in length is charged an additional $6 postage)

Total of Invoice - $265.55

With the Canadian dollar as it is, I'd say it's a no-brainer to be ordering from State-side.

Good Fishing,

Justin