New Jersey Fishing

mepps

Any OFNers had any experience fishing in Jersey?

I have 2 weeks of training just outside of New York City at the beginning of November and I was hoping to do some fishing. I hear there are som musky lurking in the area.

Hey Mepps, was there last year and got out fishing on the ocean.....I took a party boat with a bunch of Buddies from Brick New Jersey.....it was a really great time!!! We fished for fluke....we ended up with about 20 or so between the 5 of us we also got a ton of small sharks, ocean robins and a couple other types that I didn't know what they were?? It was really cool a couple of Japanese fishermen were with us and they caught a couple of fish and we had fresh sushi right on the boat....make sure to bring your lunch and a bunch of beers and have a blast!!!!

Not too sure about the fresh water fishing?? I know one of my Buddies goes to New York State for bass and musky but not sure how far away you would be to good fishing???

Hope you get out!!!

Chrispy!

couple_nice_fluke2.jpg

word. Thanks for the info gents!

I have read quite a bit online about NJ musky, and there are at least 5 lakes within 30 miles of our hotel that hold muskie - also the state record is over 42lbs, so there is potential for 50+ incher!

Im gonna try and meeet up with Ric if possible - I'd love to get soem stiped bass!

• 1 year later...