Stormy day on Simcoe

Mark Kulik

Well what do you get after 5 beatiful days?-thats right the weekend, was going to take the boys for smallies instead went solo cause of the weather, decided to fish largies instead of smallies during the heavy downpour, I landed about 12 largemouth between 21/2 & 4+ lbs. and finished with a nice pike about 10 lbs. even in tough conditions Simcoe is an amazing fishery.

Mark,I remember the day at the tourney a couple of weekends ago,when you said the same darn thing."WHY CANT IT BE NICE LIKE THE WORK DAYS" L M A O

While I was working today I was thinking,that stupid weatherman.LOL

Nice job on the buckets pal. :Gonefishing:

Maybe see ya out there in the AM.

Didn't take pics, cause I was alone, and the largies were caught drop-shotting slammers and grand slammers, went out today for a couple of hours, Dave Chong and steve Spagnolo were nice enough to pick-me up from the ramp, and while we caught a lot of small smallies, we also caught a couple of dukers, hope the weather co-operates for tommorrow-Brian I need a bit of help posting pics. i'm not the greatest with computers.could you give me a run-through?

Edited by Mark Kulik

Easy.

When you are writing your post, you can put pictures in your post. Look below the field that you are typing on right now, the box where it says 'attachments'. Hit the browse button, and fart around until you find the path on your pc that points to your picture. The path might be something like 'C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents\My Pictures\Sept27-03 029.jpg'. Another way to do this is to look at the picture, right click, and select 'properties'. This will also show you where you have this picture on your pc. Type or copy/paste the path to your upload picture in the type place and hit upload, or double click on your photo that appears in the browse field.

This is what happens when you do just what I said.

Sept27_03_029.jpg

If you have a recent camera, you might have to shrink your pics. You can do this with Microsoft Photo Editor, or very likely, the sw that came with your digital camera.

There is also a proper treatise on this on the FAQ forum . Sooner or later, you will just start messing with this until you get it to work. Lots o folks, well everyone really, went through the same learning process. PM me, or anyone, we all can help, but Rick O'Banion is the acknowledged expert, and an admin to boot.

Mine are 10 1/2s.

So, that's how we post pictures, how about a drop shot clinic? I'm available anytime, pretty much.

Edited by douG

Guest Johnny Bass

At least you got out! I was not able to get out and fish at all this long weekend! :angry: Drop shooting for largies? I hear there is a guy on simcoe that catches them drop shooting even in the summer. I have to try but drop shooting is wayyyyy to boring.

Drop-shotting isn't always the best way to fish Johnny but when they are on it, it's not boring at all, I hit a weed clump in 25 fow on Sat and could barely get the bait to the bottom, before I would get bit, in that deep clear water it's definetly the deal. not just limited to bass, on season 6 of Extreme Angler , we do some cool drop-shotting for other species, . Mark

Hey when I did my first scutineer,I was with Chris Sherman and he was dropping in 25 fow and nailing buckets. I was amazed.I never thought of that.

Make home consultation will cost you 3 bags of baits.I can be there in the afternoon Tuesday.LOL

The ones on the tube today were on the pumpkin gold komanchi 3.5 inch tube.

I did manage a few with the slammers today. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Steve I appreciate the Kudo's on my baits, I'm very proud of the big fish they have been taking for tournament and recreational anglers alike,, I took the boys out today, really nice day-while we only hit 1 big fish, we caught good numbers which is great for keeping the kids attention. I think my pics are too big hence the long upload time-I really enjoy viewing members pics, Brians tourney coverage was really cool also-hope to be able to post some pics soon. Mark