VHS to DVD

Meely

Hiya Gang,

I was hoping for some help/advice.

I have a collection of all the classic movies on VHS which I really dont want to have to re-buy on DVD.

How can I go about getting these movies onto DVD?

Is there such a product like a VHS/DVD burner on the market or do I have to go to one of these "professional" guys to have them transposed ?

If so....where ???

Thanks for any help.

Meely

Tell you the truth, I wouldn't bother. VCR looks like crap compared to DVD and you won't have surround sound. When watching them in the future on newer TV's, thekids will be laughing. LOL. You can buy most movies (DVD"S) for under 10 bucks, usually even cheaper than that. The cost of the machine and then blank dvd's plus all the time copying really isn't worth it. Besides soon you'll be wanting High definition DVD's and the old DVD's will be crap. Better to just keep a VCR for when you want to watch old tapes.

My 2 cents, and that's Canadian/American now.

There are a lot of set top DVD recorders out there. Mine was $100 came with a TV tuner and several sets of A/V inputs; it works just like a VCR. Expect to pay $200, with tax, on a name brand one. DVDs will be about $1 a piece and record 2-6?hrs (LP, SP)

The only problem I can think of you having is that the tapes are protected by Macrovision. Every try to record from VHS to VHS and the picture looks all twisted and funky? Thats Macrovison.

As mentioned before you can get older stuff pretty dirt cheap on DVD, its all a mater of preference.

stuntman