Freak Steelhead

Musky or Specks

Just thought I would share this story with everyone and hope it makes you shake your heads. My buddy and I are fishing a river in October for muskies. I see a bunch of minnows being busted over in a backwater that I have pulled skis out of before. I'm fishing a 8 " rouser glide bait with a 12 inch leader on 80 lb power pro. Two pulls into my retrieve slam-FISH ON!!! Hold it not quite the fight I'm expecting. The fish is making quick hard turns but doesnt have the power of a muskie. After a battle of about 45 seconds I boat this

untisteetled.jpg

Always makes me laugh when I remember all the times I'd finesse down to 2 pound tippet and single eggs.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Well we would have to know where the river is for that to happen....and here on this board we dont presure anyone for their secret fishing spot....so it would be up to you to tell us that as sometimes that happens on this board as well...so on the other hand yes its a nice rainbow for sure....you must have been really shocked to say the least..LOL..LOL..LOL nice catch for sure !!!!!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I know my friends have reported steelhead catches while fishing Buffalo Harbor in late October/November while trolling for muskies. Walleyes like to hit the baits as well, I was out with my friend in the evening on Opening day in Buffalo Harbor and he hit a 3 lbs eye trolling 4 mph.