Lake O

Headhunter

Working towards some plans for the coming turkey weekend, with an eye to heading out into vast depths of Lake O. I've fished it in August as well as September with some success.

My question is as follows,

Do the hoards of Steelies and Coho that are out there all summer stay out there in the fall or would we see them begin to move in closer to shore. Ideally, I'd rather not burn the gas to get out 15 miles to find that the fishery tails off in the fall. I'm certainly not lookin for guarantees, just anyone who has been out there at this time of year and their thoughts on it!

Your thoughts are appreciated.

HH

HH, we have been out the past three weekends to the 300 to 380 FOW range from the bluffs and had a blast with close to 20 hook ups a morning, lots of steel to 32 inch, cohos to 10 # and the odd A*%@&^C mixed in there also, our best results have been on spoons, black & orange has been firing good along with black & Purple, ran meat at 65 to 75 and had some mid teen nooks also. out deep we were running the dipseys 175 back on # 3, riggers set 45, 50, 55 and 65 down and cheaters on the spoons. Flies have also taken some good fish too.

HIH

cheers

ian

Thanks Hooknrelease... your experience is similar to mine as far as techniques are concerned. Glad to hear they are still out there! Hopefully I can get it together and get out again on Sunday.

Thanks again!

HH

PS... we did well with Lead Core; ten colours in the water off of an in-line planer board. :clapping: