Out to Bronte last night

henryko

I went to bronte pier last night hoping to catch a salmon or two. I arrived at around 11pm, and man oh man, there were sooooo many people at the pier. I was only expecting about like half a dozen people, but i think there are at least 40-50 people fishing on both sides of the pier!! So, at the end, instead of fishing for salmon, my fd and i just keep getting other people's lines. Casting spoons with so many people close to you by the pier is not fun man...

I hear ya man, I was down at the creek last night and it was loaded with people. We couldn't even find a good spot because all the deep parts were taking. Around 12 a spot opened up and we finally got a decent pool to fish and I lsot one and my dad lost two. It was total k-os down their. ASnaggers everywhere waitign at all the shallow parts. And when we were at the bridge jsut watching some peoepl land a slamon their was people going inside the sancutary part and this one guy told tthem if they go in their there going to get chraged 500$ and their like thats it and the man was liek yes. So the two men said they make enough money and went in the sanctuary not even 20 mintues later a boat pulls up in the sanctuary I wasn't too sure if it was the co or jsut stupid peopel but whoever it was they scared all the poachers out of the sanctuary.

reminds me why I have not bothered to go down there

Can you tell me what are other good salmon spots other then bronte? cause i really hate to fish other ppl's line instead salmon. I am from hamilton. Anyone know anywhere near hamilton i can do salmon fishing on a river?

Thanks a million!

Wow...50 people? That's just insane. I'd just turn around and leave. If anyone got into one, I'm sure it would be a tangled mess as it swam through other's lines.

50 people over both sides of the Bronte Pier is not bad at all. That's about average.

You still get the odd genius who doesn't understand the concept of casting straight out (like everyone else) and is constantly inconveniencing others, but "C'est la vie".

A couple friendly glances are usually enough to get them to move.

I was out on the pier at 3.00am yesterday morning. i fished diiferent spots right through till 4.30pm in the afternoon,

Was not too many people around when i got there it was closer to 5.30am when it really seemed to starting getting busy. I left the pier around 8.30am and when to get some breakfast at a cafe before heading out to another spot.

Don't even get me started on the snaggers i nearly got into a fight with a grown man yesterday i mean seriously into a physical fight, because i told him he was an ass & much more for snagging these fish. I have video footage of two people snagging fish. Watched another guy drag six females to a spot then cut them all open took they're eggs and threw them to the side. Watched another guy take four and do the same thing. I was appauled at what i witnessed yesterday and absolutley sickened to the stomach. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I also met a ofner who does not frequent the boards to much but i just wanted to say hi again Tim it was a pleasure to meet both urself and your son tony he really was a great young man. :thumbsup_anim:

I was out on the pier at 3.00am yesterday morning. i fished diiferent spots right through till 4.30pm in the afternoon,

Was not too many people around when i got there it was closer to 5.30am when it really seemed to starting getting busy. I left the pier around 8.30am and when to get some breakfast at a cafe before heading out to another spot.

Don't even get me started on the snaggers i nearly got into a fight with a grown man yesterday i mean seriously into a physical fight, because i told him he was an ass & much more for snagging these fish. I have video footage of two people snagging fish. Watched another guy drag six females to a spot then cut them all open took they're eggs and threw them to the side. Watched another guy take four and do the same thing. I was appauled at what i witnessed yesterday and absolutley sickened to the stomach. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I also met a ofner who does not frequent the boards to much but i just wanted to say hi again Tim it was a pleasure to meet both urself and your son tony he really was a great young man. :thumbsup_anim:

Yes it is discusting what kinda stuff happens down their. We seen a bunch of guys snagging fish at smalls rapids and as we came they stopped moved away but their was already around 10 fish laying on the banks with their belly's slit. Then when we were leaving we went back to the rapids and their was over 20 fish laying their. Was going to take a picture but my battery died. I think Petro Park should be closed down for fishing when it comes to salmon season!!!!!!!

Its such a shame xwrap because donkey asses like them spoil it for the rest of us. On the way home yesterday got into a discussion about how people who own lake front propertys and so on want to basically make these bodies of water private. Which i was totally against. But after witnessing what i saw yesterday it really made me stop and think twice about alot of things. I have seen people fish ereas that are out of season and so on but the scale of distruction that was happening down there in just one afternoon shocked me and i mean it really shocked me. This was just ONE DAY!

But i agree that Erea needs to be closed for the run for sure.

Yes it is discusting what kinda stuff happens down their. We seen a bunch of guys snagging fish at smalls rapids and as we came they stopped moved away but their was already around 10 fish laying on the banks with their belly's slit. Then when we were leaving we went back to the rapids and their was over 20 fish laying their. Was going to take a picture but my battery died. I think Petro Park should be closed down for fishing when it comes to salmon season!!!!!!!

Wow, i never witness any snagging myself, but from all the stories i heard from this board i already feel disgusted...

Man, if they continue doing that, will we still have salmon to fish in the area??

The only reason i have not posted the video is because i am not sure if its legal too even though they are commiting an illegal act.

Trust me this time yesterday i was ready to post it on every fishing site and you tube, :D

I dropped by PetroCanada Park today in the morning. I have no urge to fish these conditions, just to take a look. A couple guys fishing, but no obvious snaggers.

Fish were trying to run the rapids and since the water is sooooo low, they were just tipping over and laying there to die amoungst the rocks.

Where the hell is the rain :dunno:

The MNR doesn't care about the salmon. They will only come if they get a lot of complaints about a spot. Everyone has to call the number to report:

1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667)

Burt

Edited by Burtess

I am assuming this also if it is down by the creek also?

I just had to add that they're was also a father with his two sons yesterday the older son snagged a salmon in the back and instead of returning it to the water what did the father tell the son to do?

Toss it to the side on the grass......I could not beleive my eyes.

This is so sad! :(

I am forwarding on the video footage i have to the MNR. I was talking to one of out local bobbies tonight while wetting my line at the peir here in PD and he told me i should pass it on and they will for sure try to lay charges.

I do have a question though why are people taking so many females for eggs? Are they useing them to sell and make money?

I understand the use for fishing but so many females. There are thousands of eggs in each female why take so many? Is that even legal? i am guessing it is not.

Edited by nautifish