Fished Lake Simcoe today

Shelley Cooper

We decided to hit Lady Simcoe today for another kick at the Lakers action.. We haven’t had much luck with trolling, on Simcoe since we got the boat…

The morning started out a little breezy and choppy, once set up.. this was the beautiful view, and promise of a nice day…

Sept29-07010.jpg

We fished the Oro side of the lake today… set up and started trolling.. after some time, one of the lines goes off and Chuck has a fish on… a Herring… and a good sized one too.. We both thought it was a small Whitefish at first, because of the size… but at closer inspection, realized it was a Herring and quickly put it back into the waters.. with out a Pic, sorry… We were so concerned about its survival, we hadn’t thought of a pic till after it was released….. It sure is nice to see the Herring returning and one of such a size…

Set up again and not to long goes by and we get a knock off…. Set up again and a while later, we get another shot at a fish.. It’s MY turn now and Chuck yells for me to grab the rod :thumbsup_anim: I get this nice laker for the dinner table… :clapping:

Sept29-07012.jpg

We trolled a bit longer with another knock off and that was about it for us.. We left the water around 2:30pm…. Not as many boats out there as we expected but there were a few.. We heard of others getting 2-3 fish each, but not sure what they were getting…

It was sure a great day to be on the water…I’m sure there isn’t many more of these days left…. And a great way to finish off the Laker and Whitefish season…

We may be heading back out after dinner tonight. But we’re sure to be out again in the morning,. Our target will be the Whitefish tomorrow… We’re heading Georgina way, so if any others are out there, stop on by and say hello….

Edited by LadyWalleye