Rush Concert in Ottawa...

TJQ

RUSH !!!!!! man they rock i have been lucky enough to have seen them 6 times, :whistling::clapping: they really are an incredible band to see live,they still sound amazing after all these years.....i hope they keep it up for another 20yrs.. :w00t: ...glad you went to see them TJ,!!!!! did you bring us any souviners??? :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

TJ...I am very envious

As well....my most fav band of all time. The lyrics have thought put into them and tell a story. The music is very technical, complex, and well thought out (at least in my estimations anyway). I have seen them a number of times myself, though not as of late.

As for fav songs, I could list far too many here, but if I were to pick three, would be La Villa Strangiato, YYZ.....was amazed when I learned Morse code and figured out that the first part of the song was based on the morse code for the airport code for Toronto, and then Jacob's Ladder...Does anyone know how many times Neil changes the timing on the fly in that song?

Ill give that air guitar champion a run for his money if they want to do it to a rush song. Or even air drums for that matter :)

The talents of these guys never cease to amaze me......

Thanks very much for posting the pics TJ!!!!!!

Bill

Great pictures. It must have been quite an experience for Jaden.

I was in high school reading JRR Tolkein's The Hobbit when I got into Rush's Cares of Steel and it was interesting to see the references in the lyrics to the story of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Saw Rush several times including in the early '90s when another great Canadian band, The Tragically Hip opened for them.

HG