Spiderwire Fusion problem?

bassfighter

heyya...the fusion use to be a wicked line before their new production line in 2004. never frailed like this before. my buddy even sent spiderwire a comment but they never responded lol

cheers

h

Agree! I had it on all my reels for a few years, but stopped using it when they 'improved' it. I found the improved one was pretty unreliable.

I took off around 20 ft and took courage to try again, This time the line holds and I landed 3 more salmon with it couple of nights ago, one salmon male was huge over 20lb. I bought 5 pack at bass pro for $4, and it was a good deal then.

I suspect that it is breaking where the knot was tied on, for I had made a knot, pulled it and it broke, and then tried retying again, and nothing happens, even landing the big salmon.

One reason I tweak my lures using cheaper ones,in case I lose the lures as well.

I would be interested in knowing what diameter you are using. Lots of folks, when they switch to superlines, go with the same lb test (8lb) as they were using when fishing mono. 8lb superline will be strong, but not very abrasion resistant. Buy it by diameter, not breaking strength.

I will second the Powerpro reccomendation: much better line IMHO