Crotch Lake 9/7 to 9/13

bpcbear2000

BOY what a great week on crotch Lake, A group of 10 of us meet at land o lakes lodge every Sept for some walleye fishing. We do well every year but this year the fish were turned on for us. Most fish came from jigging on deep water humps , shoals and points with morning trolling at first light good for some nice fish. All total our group caught over 300 walleye for the week with 70% of them slot fish in the 20-22" range ( I love the slot as you can catch many large fish) we had 4 walleye over the slot 25-27" that were all returned to the lake to grow, our group keep anough for 2 nice fish fries and the rest are still in the lake. Bass fishing was a little off as most were in the deep water, caught a few nice pike in the 27-31" range. My best came on the 6th morning when I caught a 25" over the slot walleye, boy what a great fight on light line. 100_0584.jpg

Hey Blackbear , nice eyes for sure. We just got back from fishing the derby at Crotch Lake , I tied for third place with a fish I caught with five minutes to cutoff.

Most of the eyes we got we just under slot but nice fish. We managed a few bass and a couple nice pike. We caught them with a mixture of trolling and jigging. I love this lake , its such a beautiful place and we just keep going back.