Mini Report

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Decided to go fishing Saturday. The weather man was calling for a cold front and they were finally right.I wanted to hit a Musky lake but Mark doesn't have much luck with bass on musky lakes and wanted to try out a few new scented plastics he purchased for bass.

So we compromised and picked a lake that has both Musky and Pike. Sparrow. I have fished Sparrow 4 times. 2 times of which were in a rental and didn't cover much water. One of which I got skunked! The other we caught pickeral, crappie, largies, smallies, pike....Another 2 times on my boat of which I was almost skunked again and caught a puny pike at the end. And the other time I caught a whole wack of hammer handles. I also caught a 9lb pike, seen a huge musky follow TWICE and my cousin caught a 8+ lber, so I knew there was decent fish in there. So,I wanted to try the lake again.Plus, I like a challange!

Got there and right away I knew it was going to be tough. Water temp was 65 degrees. And later on the temps went down instead of up!! Went to 63 degrees! Windy, cloudy and cold....

We seen some guys at the dock and asked them how the fishing has been. We got the usual, first time fishing this lake this season.lol

Anyways make a long story short. I nailed about 4-5 pike. Mark nailed 2(biggest of the day around 3lbs). Also lost a few hits that were biting the end of the bucktail.

I was saying where are all the LM bass and right on Q? Whack a 1lb LM hit. Always happens like that to me! I also nailed a few puny smallies.

I dont know why but I always complained Sparrow had no weeds. Well today we couldn't find anywhere without weeds! I have always went to sparrow targetting pike but I seen alot of prime bass structure yesterday and will definately go check it out next season.

As far as my boat problems?? Well I checked and cleaned up all the connections. Then I cleaned out the gas tank and put in high octane gas and she ran perfectly. No problems!! Must have been a bad batch of gas or bad fuel connection. Good call guys!!!

It was cold and the fishing was slow so we called it a day. No decent fish were caught so no pictures.