boys made me go back...

fatherof3

Well,after seeing the pics they wanted to go so off we went again.We just took my rod and I told them we would take turns as I wanted them to have a try.First up was the 6 year old.I hook into a carp for him and hand him the rod.I pretty much worked the rod for him and told him to real or to stop.He did a very good job actually getting the carp right to shore.I tell him to just hold the rod and I will go get it.Just as I am reaching down he pulls the rod back and the line goes SNAP! I actually made a mad dash after the carp but with no luck.He was pretty upset as this one was bigger than the ones I had this morning.After calming him down and setting up again I hook into another one.I hand the rod to the older boy,who wants to do it himself, and the fight is on.I am trying to offer tips but after 1 long run he lowers the rod just enough for the carp to spit the hook.Now we are 0/2.I told them that at least they now have a taste of it.Now it is my turn and sure enough...

100_0411.jpg

This one took forever to bring in and the boys were amazed at the fight.We tried for a little longer but with no luck so we left.They are both already talking about when they catch one tomorrow.I guess I can force myself to take them out again,lol.