Amazing Cold Weather Fishing Gloves

Hooked

I do recall a thread a week or two ago about gloves while fishing in cold weather. Just before I went up to boq this past weekend, I purchased these gloves called Arctic Armor. http://www.fish307.com/index.asp?PageActio...amp;ProdID=6540

I have to say, they are amazing. I put my hand in the cold cold water, naturally with the gloves on, for a few minutes, not only were my hands dry, but still warm. They are somewhat cumbersome to cast with, and feeling the line while jigging, but yet are not that bulky. They are a little costly, $35, but are well worth it. I believe they are meant for ice fishing, but with weather like this, just as well. So all these stories about going through multiple pairs of gloves can halt, these are all I used while I was up there. Plus while ice fishing, dipping your hands in the hole is not a worry. Check em out, you won't regret it.

I am checking on the shipping and going to give it a go if they use the USPS to ship. I hope they are better than the arctic shield ones I paid 60 bucks for... I don't see how they could be worse though when those ones don't work as good as 5 dollar ones from Walmart.

edited "I just got word back from the site and they want 15.95 US for shipping so if anyone knows of a place anywhere in the London, Woodstock, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph area that has them for less than 50 bucks Canadian please let me know...."

Edited by Canuck2fan

I am checking on the shipping and going to give it a go if they use the USPS to ship. I hope they are better than the arctic shield ones I paid 60 bucks for... I don't see how they could be worse though when those ones don't work as good as 5 dollar ones from Walmart.

Just a note, I didn't get them from the site I posted, but from Grimsby Tackle. I know he is, or already has, and order for them. They will go fast though, as they appear to be in great demand.

<-----making notes for Christmas list!! THanks!

bly :santa:

Yep .. me too the mrs' has a few emails with urls and pictures ... great stuff .. has anyone had any experience with their suits ... they look AWESOME ... based on the same technology ?

Yep .. me too the mrs' has a few emails with urls and pictures ... great stuff .. has anyone had any experience with their suits ... they look AWESOME ... based on the same technology ?

I have seen them in their catalogue, and they look amazing! Apparently they are very breathable, opposed to the standard float suit. And if they keep you as warm as their gloves, it is worth the $400 they go for. I believe its made of the same trademark material, Insultex.

Arctic Armor is tops, gortex hunting gloves are almost just as good too.

I'll second that. I've also had a pair of Simms Polar fleece fingerless gloves and they work quite nicely. Only draw back is that they can get waterlogged. When this happens, I just take em off and twist em up a bit to work the water out and they're good to go! Speaking of which, I recently lost em at Oshawa a coupla weeks back... I hope whoever picks em up enjoys them as much as I have.