Trailer tire Question

GNODDY

Guest mistyriver1

I'm going to be doing the same thing very shortly Geoff.

No, if anything it will create less stress on your bearings because there are less revolutions on the tire. I've learned the hard way that bigger tires are the way to go.

8" tires suck balls. Twice ive had them go on me . Once on my snowmobile trailer and once on the boat trailer. They are just terrible for highway driving. Had to spend the night on the side of 11 when my boat tire went. Guy who repaired it in the morning recommended switching my trailer over to 12" and its been great ever since.

My boat has odd ball hubs and rims, they are 13" 4 bolt. I found some great trailer tire rubber for them though. previously I had car tires on because I couldn't find anything else that would work. and it makes a big difference on sway when trailering thats for sure. Go with trailer tires and get the biggest fatest wones you can cram under your wheel wells.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I would have went with 12" but unfortunately I couldn't get them under the wells. That is why I went with the 5.70x8's a Little bigger and a lil wider is better than the 4.7x8's that were on there that were also starting to crack.

Geoff

I'm also doing the same thing. I just have to make sure there are no clearence issues. The boat I have is a little heavy for my liking. I have had 2 tires go on me so far and I have only had the boat for 2 years. It could be that I have just run over something but I still think that the bigger tires will be better for the weight of the boat.

JFish

I didnt managed to get the fat boy tires but they are a bit wider. A friend of mine as a beautiful trailer by Triton for his Jetski. This trailer is patented if you can believe it. It has golf cart size trailer tires and the thing rides like a champ