I'm new, I have a report, and question!

Dozer

Hi everyone!

Mike reporting in! New to this forum... looking forward to checkout girl these forums because I love fishing :D Well, uhhhmm... went fishing with two of my buddies over the weekend... over night trip. Fishing onshore from a dock on Sturgeon. Live minnows were hot, dead ones worked great. Used a bunch of raps, jerks, spinner, etc. Nothing spectacular. A few smallies, one was pretty nice. Tonnnes of perch... about 20 REALLY nice keepers. No ski :( Gotta take the boat out soon. A snapping turtle and a bat! Ya, weird catch that bat! :P

ANyways, I'll be around this forum from now on, so hello everyone :D

Now, I've got a question. My old mans birthday is fast approaching, and I've decided to buy him a gift that both him and I can use... you know, a smart buy ;) Well, I've decided to buy him a sick ass fishyfinder. Right now hes got this old school black and white Eagle which is probably as old as I am... so I want to purchase something within the 500 dollar range, give or take a hundred bucks.

Could you guys steer me in a right direction for this fishyfinder, I wanna buy a "Mercedes/Porche" fishyfinder... but on the cheaper end of the luxury make... or a really good half decent company... I dont need a video/ live feed camera deal...

Thanks!

Uhmmmm... welcome... that was certainly a different introduction... Uhmmm is the terms "Word-up" appropriate for this? I have always wanted to use that term LOL...

the x-135 is an excellent "fishyfinder" or "sick ass yo!" ..... however it is not a Porche... I am looking at one myself... I would consider a Buick in comparison to what is out there...

tell your Ol' Man he's welcome.

Cheers,

Gerritt.

Lowrance all the way, they stand by there product. service is pretty good . i have the x 125 and the x 1o2c on my Alumacraft navigator sport 175 . they stop make the x 125 about a year ago. but should be still around. and happy with both units. what i like about Lowrance and Eagle. is, on there web site. they have a thing called product emulators. so you can download say 102c demo. and play around with it, as if it was in your boat. get to know how it works before you even buy it. decide which model you like. then do some pricing at different place for the best buy. and all that left to do is put in the boat. happy fishing,see you on the water, walleyedreamer.

I always though ol' man referred to the husband??!!??

Gerritt.

Oh Gerritt, you're so unhip. Get with the times will ya :D

Mike, we have a couple Humminbirds and they are SICK!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Later.....

Joey