A Few Hours Fishing Yesterday

Mike the Pike

Got out yesterday on the Richelieu River launched in a town called Sabrevois 10 Miles from the US border.Felt good to be back in the comfort and safety of my 18 foot Lund after flipping my 12ft tinny on vacation.

Decided to go out with a coworker of mine and he brought his son and I brought my fishfinder my son Ryan.

Here are some pics.

131051.JPG

Double header of Perch.They were hungry Sunday.

131045.JPG

Ryan doing what he loves.

131046.JPG

131052.JPG

Julien who is ten caught his 2nd fish of his life took him awhile but

the boy was happy.

131047.JPG

This is what I came for there are plenty of Pike on the Richelieu River.

The boys actually saw 2 pike checking out their jigs beside the boat.

131048.JPG

131049.JPG

Gerard far back my son Ryan on the left and Julien on the right.

131050.JPG

Ryan caught some crayfish while we took the boat out of the water.

131053.JPG

Stopped of at a farm to pick up some vegetables while the boys enjoyed the animals.

A great few hours on the water between father's and son's.

Mike the Pike

Great report Mike! Looks like the kids had a great time out there too...and that's priority number one...haha. Awesome report and pics as usual...this one wasn't as dramatic as your camping one...but I'm sure you're quite happy with that fact!!!

:lol: Glen.

I no longer hold pike through the gill plate inside the mouth near its tongue.I have been cut too many times by those toothy critters so the small ones are held like that and the bigs ones get held with a glove.I am a woose when it comes to pike.So be it no more cuts for me.I now prefer the 2 hand slime hold. :canadian:

MTP

Mike... I dont know why the pics are not working... but thank you for the report... I look forward to your reports whenever I hear you are out fishing!... I have to make it up to Quebec sometime next year... I have friends that fish in Val d'or (sp?) and they tell me the fishing is amazing!... care to show a useless non french speaking guy around for a few days? lodging is on me.. perhaps we can get our families involved? I have a young son that @ the age of two is very interested in fishing... seems like we could have a great couple of days!

Thanks again for sharing..

Gerritt.