Where to find carp fishing equipment near mississauga

redx

Hi, 1st time post. I tried to find carp fishing items but people I talked to have no idea, will not say what store but I visited a few and I'm having no luck.

I should of started with little bow and hello, I fished alot as a kid and now that I have little more time I go carp fishing a lot. And I want to get into it more. 1st of all I'm looking for a pod/rod holder and line sencer, but that is not much of importance. Since I can fish with out them. I will want to get them as it is a comfort. So if a store that sells pods and other carp fishing stuff please tell me.

Mainly...

I'm looking for Poly Vinyl Alcohol, pva wrap or sausage bag. I'm trying to place the ground bait with my line but I hate the plastic feeder on my line. I would like it in a pva bag and attached to my line only to dissolve and let the ground bait suround my main bait.

If any information to find Poly Vinyl Alcohol, pva will very! very! nice! I don't want to order from the web, and will be my last resort.

Thank you.

I haven't seen anyone stocking the PVA around GTA as yet.

Fishing World has best stock now but it is somewhat depleted after the spring.

Check on line through Ebay. I got a fair bit of stuff including my bite alarms well below waht I would have paid at retail

Fishing World has a few different rod pods in stock now

Beyond the sources already mentioned, you might be able to get a hold of Mark or Ed Jarvis from Carpins.ca located in Long Sault, On

Their web-site is currently down but you can give them a call at

Phone 613 537 2248

I believe that they normally have PVA products in stock.

Ah, thank you so much! :D I will visit the sites right now and Fishing World tomorrow! :D and will wait for Carpins.ca.

Normaly I don't have to use PVA, but my ground feed is very easy brakable and will help with the cast! thank you so much!

PVA is not as user friendly as it seems. Especially when it's hot. If you don't dry your lead/line it might melt before you cast. I have them in my trunck since April and only attempted to use it once in June. Didn't find it as attractive as on paper.

If you think you need PVA so you can use your not-sticky-enough groundbait mix then I think it's much easier to add more binder to your ground bait and stick with method feeders. Try break crumb, it's an excellent binder.

If bank sticks can be used in your swim, I find that they are much cheaper and easier to carry/set up. Fish Sport has them for like $8. I have two although I also have two from fox. They are not the same quality but the $8 ones are very worth the money.

BTW, where do you fish mostly? if you don't mind sharing.

As wolf mentioned, you have to dry pretty much everything that will come in contact with the PVA bag or it will melt.

One minor remedy to extend the life of the bag is to coat the bag with some form of oil - Oil will not dissolve PVA. Most people use commercially available oil-based flavour attractants. Salmon oil is another good one provided you have access to a cheap bottle. Needless to say, you and your gear may smell like fish-oil or scopex the rest of the day.