Long Point Bay Pike August 6th

Rich

Dad and I launched the Bass Tub out of St Williams yesterday in search of pike. When we got to the launch we were informed that there were 2 bass tournaments on the bay this weekend so we assumed fishing was going to be slow. Good assumption. We hit the flats in about 1/16th of the time it would take the Filth Hound to get out there, lol, and started casting spinnerbaits. Things were tough. The first fish hooked was a 13 inch perch on a spinnerbait by dad. We tossed it in the livewell in case we got enough for a meal.

I hooked into about a half pound bass on an X Rap about an hour later, but things were looking slow. We finally got into some decent looking weeds and dad hooked into a nice anorexic pike.

DSC00323.jpg

After that we hit closer to Port Rowan sitting in green weeds about 4 feet below the surface. I hooked into a hammer handle that shook the hook at boatside. My next fish was a 2lb largemouth which was released without a picture. Nice fish though.

After that I put the white spinnerbait back on and kaboom, 2 pike smashed it at once, and I missed them both. haha. Right at boatside yet ANOTHER pike smashed it, this one a hammer handle which I landed. But it flipped out of my hands before a pic was taken. It was pretty tiny though, lol

Things were just dead after that. The only other fish to report was another 12-13 inch perch that took a perch colored X Rap. haha

That concluded a day on the bay. Great weather and the fishing wasn't horrible so we had a good time. Not too impressed with the 20 dollar launch fee at Booth's Harbour though.