fishing kashwakamak lake

My buddy just picked up his new boat thursday night, so friday afternoon my brother and I tagged along for the maiden voyage.

Since it was a brand new boat my buddy wanted to head to a lake that he is familar with. He has been cottaging on lake kashwakamak for years so we headed there.

The fishing was decent. We didnt catch any size but we got alot of smallies.

Here is the my friends new boat. A 16 foot legend with 60 4 stroke.

gallery_51_338_3857.jpg

Here is what we spent most of our time fishing for. a nice 4 pound smallie. the lake has potential for some really nice bass.

gallery_51_338_30184.jpg

Here is what we spent most of our time catching lol

This is me with one of many smallies about this size.

gallery_51_338_41788.jpg

Now my brother isnt really a fisherman but he enjoyed the weekend and we did get him into some fish.

Here is a really really small fish but my brother was happy because it was his first fish in about 10 years!

gallery_51_338_32899.jpg\

No worries though we got him into a bigger fish!

gallery_51_338_31934.jpg

I had to put the camera away for the day as it was raining pretty good and thunderstorm warnings were out.

Saturday night was one of the most relaxing nights I have ever had on the water. The moon was out and shining so bright across the lake. We were the only boat on the water. We did manage to catch some fish but the pics i took didnt turn out. We stayed out until about midnight.

Sunday we got up and fished a good part of the day before we left. I caught around 10 fish with this being the biggest of the day. Like i said we caught alot of fish but didnt manage anything big.

gallery_51_338_46319.jpg

Here is a pretty cool pic of a tree that was uprooted from the big storm that blew threw the area a few years ago. Amazing power that storm must of had.

gallery_51_338_52701.jpg

We did manage to catch some really small pike. One was 11 inches lol I think the smallest pike i have ever seen. as well as some really small walleye.

Sunday morning a float plane was taking off in front of us but the plane went out of view of my camera so i was pretty bummed i missed that shot.

However, after an hour or so the guy came back and landed close by and I got a shot video of it landing. Here it is. hope it works!

float plane landing

Overall it was an awesome weekend. Lots of fishing! Lots of food! Lots of beer!

Wish every weekend could be like that!

Cheers!

Edited by lunkerbasshunter

Guest mistyriver1
lol mistyriver. I will tell him that ping sucks. but what should he be wearing? taylor made?

Cheers!

Sorry LBH, I didn't mean Ping sucks, :lol: I actually have one of their putters, I just meant he should have a fishing hat on :Gonefishing:

Now don't be knocking PING!!! Dem's fightin' words!! Just kidding, I read the post. I keep the golf hats for golf, I have my fishing hat that has accompanied me every time I've wet a line for 6 years now, it gets tossed in my tackle bag last, kinda like Indiana Jones tossing his hat in his suitcase last before every adventure.

Kashawakamak is a beautiful lake and thats a beautiful boat :thumbsup_anim: Ive had a couple great trips up there in the past year or so. tons of that size smallies. Walleye are pretty hard to find. I was there this past weekend I got into a couple pretty nice smallies. Ive only been fishing for smallies for about a year or two and beat my PB twice this past wekeend, with a 2.5lb and a 3lb.

001002-1.jpg

001007-1.jpg

I saw a picture of a 6.2lber some guy caught there about a month ago. I couldnt even beleive catching a smallmouth twice the size of the one I caught. So yea theres definately some decent fish in there.

-Ben