Bassin From Shore

Got a tip for a hot spot for Pike and Muskie from one of my customers last week.Decided to just shore fish due to very low water levels in the area.3 hours of tossing Almost all I had in my box but no Pike or Muskie.My son said enough for the day so I called it a day.Went for lunch at my wife's cousin's place.

On the way home my son wanted to fish some more.There was a place I wanted to try but never ventured there before.My gut instincts told me I would catch fish.This is a place where no one goes to fish.

So my son and I walk down the steep shoreline and begin to fish .Started off by losing a Mepps and a tube.I picked out a Moss Boss for my son Ryan.As I was demonstrating how to use it this smallie hits the lure from about 10 feet from shore and scares the bejeezus out of us.We could cleary see it was a very nice size smallie that also missed the Hook :wallbash: .

Well I said to Ryan there is fish here and he quickly began casting the Moss Boss.

After 15 minutes I put on a brown pumpkinseed colour tube and finally caught my first smallie of the year.

Well sorry folks thats all I have to show for six hours of shore fishing but the skunk didn't bite me.

130036.JPG

130037.JPG

130038.JPG

My son didn't get any fish but he did enjoy the day catching frogs and the snail was a bonus.

Cliff I also forgot the net but luckily I didn't need it.

Thanks for the shirt Percher as you can see it fits.

I have found a new honey hole which will remain secret.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report Mike. You avoided the skunk..that's the important thing! Our shore fishing has not really produced a whole lot for us lately, so we've been doing some things around that house that needed done....things like ummm....feeding the kids....LOL.

Nice pics and story as usual Mike....we'll have to get together and fish one of these days...bly and I would love to meet you!

Thanks for the report and all the details of your shore fishing Mike. Nice pics too.

Even though your son didn't manage to hook into anything this time out, I'll be he got excited when that first bass exploded out of the water and when Dad brought one in.

Nice fish BTW!