Spotter needed

PatrickGG

in many of the major 1 or 2 day salmon tournaments nowadays each team is required to supply a spotter (aka observer)

all the the spotters names are then drawn & assigned to a different team/boat for the tournie, their job is basically to just be an iumpartial witness to make sure all rules are being complied with

they are not allowed to fight/land/net fish. A few friends of mine have done this & I have been told that it is a great way to learn some of the newer technique being used on the Lake from the best salmon anglers. I would like to do it once myself. As well, often you are often invited the to prefish with your team (you can fight fish then)

the spotters do not need to dip into their pockets at all regarding the boat /teams expenses, the tighlines has a pay out of i believe $75.00 for the spotter and a draw for a digi camera, also some teams will pay extra depending on how they do etc, all you need is your own expenses, you also have to be at the team meeting friday at 7pm and then back for saturday morning start off is 6 am , but your boat may head out earlier,

cheers

ian

C'mon theres gotta be a taker, I spot for team Hot Reels but i will be out of town for the long weekend and i would appreciate it if someone would do it, It's only for one day and the captains meeting will be held Friday night thats when you will find out which boat your gonna be on trust me its a experience and a learning curve for someone who has never downrigged for salmon.

Edited by PatrickG