Urban Carping - July 26

MJL

Spent this morning fishing with my dad (Lazybum) and DSN at one of the spots the GTA has to offer. We were after carp (As usual). We were fishing one body of water where most people would never have thought about fishing - One passerby commented “I can’t believe there’s fish in here” as he jogged past us…The GTA is full of overlooked places just waiting to be discovered.

DSN (aka Spod boy, Mr. Spod, and other names involving “spod” which may not be suitable for a younger audience) graciously baited up the area with canned corn, maize and method mix. We tossed in our baited hooks and waited…For 5 min…I had one sizzling run and landed a nice 2lber.

From 7:30am till about 12:30 I was lucky to land 9/10 fish which were all around the 2-4lb range. Though small, they put up quite a tussle even with the heavier carp gear that I was using. Each one fought valiantly before coming to the net.

Some pics

DSC_1877.jpg

This one wrapped itself around a floating log and a dead floating bass before coming to the net

DSC_1881.jpg

It turns out to be the biggest one of the day

DSC_1885.jpg

My last fish of the day…It kicked a little while trying to take its pic and ended up upside down.

DSC_1887.jpg

DSN managed to land 1 and my dad lost 1 but got to take a lot of pics with his camera :D

We did have to endure a massive swarm of biting red ants and scorching temps but I guess it's still better than a good day at work. Overall, a fun trip in the GTA.

Hey nice pics!! Great report. LOL. I like th priceless pic of the upside down carp. You look as if you were holding a precious stone. :lol: I couldn't believe the two fish you had on right at the drop of the feeder. Surely ti would have spooked them but it didn't. :glare: Not bad for half a days outting.

dsn

Nice one GTA Carp boys!

Looks like you are checking whether its a male or a female..... or is an Australian carp? :D:P

I find catching those smaller carp just as much fun as the big guys - as you can catch lots of them, they fight hard and they're generally not as ugly as the big boys!

Thanks for the report.

See you out there one day hopefully.

Argh, carp.... Almost forgot what my baitrunners are for.....it's been that long !

Nice report, will be picking up my carp rod in another week or so. Carp fished only once in July so far, caught 2 in 3 hours and won some prizes because of those fish.

MJL...great report...I was wondering if any of the carp guys had been out recently as there hasn't been too many reports out there. Great pics...not huge fish, but it's always nice to feel the fight on the line.

Bly and I have been out a few times locally, and even though we know they are around, nothing has been biting. I'll be watching the board to see when they start up again...

Great job out there...congrats on a good outing!

u were using ur thunnus + technium? lol!

good to hear that you're getting into good action in July! now i don't believe dsn and your dad only got 1 each ... :D

nice pics

They weren't doing the special dance to worship the Carp Gods...You know which one

When DSN wasn't looking I did the Anti-Carp-Dance and stole his carp-mojo and put it onto my own rod :whistling:

Thank goodness no one took any pics to reveal the special moves required for the dances.

They weren't doing the special dance to worship the Carp Gods...You know which one

When DSN wasn't looking I did the Anti-Carp-Dance and stole his carp-mojo and put it onto my own rod :whistling:

Thank goodness no one took any pics to reveal the special moves required for the dances.

with the special dance you only caught 9? what a disappointment mike. I would expect your bite alarm batteries to go out in just one outing if you wipe out the dance move.

now when i'm done exams i gotta develop one move that would make them swim into my hands. :blahblah1: