help!!!!

k im heading up to lake nipissing on saturday morning for 11 days and i need some advice for bringing in a huge muskie,iv never caught on but i have a lot of te muskie lures and i was wondering if you guys had any tips for me like what colors to use and such so yeah im heading up on saturday and i hope to post a lot of pics for yall cuz i just got my new digi camra

thnx in advance

L.A

Trying to get a musky hunter to share his secrets is probably a lot harder than trying to catch a musky itself, lol. Throw something big and hairy, mepps #5 or 6 musky killer. Worked for me but I'm not a fanatic. Good luck!

Do you have rods, reels, and line that will handle one, don`t forget leaders also. Better not to hook one and hurt it than lose it with a lure stuck in it`s mouth because your gear wasn`t up to snuff. I lost quite a few on the wrong gear, try to do it right, it saves you some grief.

I'm with ohiofisherman. Musky fishing is a heck of a lot more than chucking bucktails on a medium action spinning rod with 20 lb test. Although this may hook you a fish, and even a big one, said fish will probably not survive (if you're even able to land it), especially in the warm water months. Go to a fishing store with dad's credit card and get someone knowledgeable to outfit you with proper rod, reel, line, leaders, terminal tackle, big-arse net, big mouth spreader, long nose pliers, bolt cutters etc etc. May cost you (read dad) a few hundred bucks but worth it. To me, its a sickening feeling to catch a beauty fish and then doubt whether it will survive the release, especially if the fish could have been brought in/released sooner had proper equipment been used. When you're ready for the fish of a lifetime, then go for it because the big'uns are definitely in Nipissing. If you're not ready, you may end up with a big stinky dead musky in the bottom of your boat...but before he breaths his last, he'll thrash around (probably stick a few trebles in you first!) and trash everything in your boat.