Back from the "Mighty French"

Bigworm

Spent the weekend at the French River Lodge with 5 buddies. Fishing Friday night was good 8 picks in our boat, but only a couple for the table kept. Someone posted recently about the cats and they were right. A lot caught and they are delicious in the deep fryer. A few pike on both days as well. Rained all day Sat. until 6pm. Got soaked in the morning but did well in the evening. The pickeral on the fishing rod end is something I have never seen in my life. My buddy, knowing it was a small fish "tournament styled" it into the boat. As he did that, the fish went flying throught the air towards me at the back of the boat, did about 10 flips and landed on the end of my second rod (see pic) and hung there dead as a doornail. You could imagine our laughter. It was a beautiful spot with lots of fish but you really need a week there to experience all it has to offer. Thanks for the tips. Gill - aka Frenchie (the camp hand) helped us out a lot so we took him out with us on Saturday night and provided the beers after. He enjoyed that.

Mark

Den.JPG

Frenchie.JPG

Me.JPG

Pete.JPG

fish_scewer.JPG

Morn__.JPG