Free Launch near Lagoon City/Brechin?

fisher

Does anyone know of a free launch anywhere near Lagoon City?

I know Crate's Marina charges $10 each way (in and then out). I am planning to fish in nearby Lakes while stationed at a Cottage at Lagoon City for one week and the thought of having to pay $20 each time I want to go to another lake is killing me.

If there is no other alternative I guess I have no choice but I thought I would ask.

Thanks.

I've only been there once, but I recall there being a launch in Lagoon City itself. I don't remember their being an attendant or a fee but we went during the week and were the only boat on the lake that day.

I think I recall a free launch in Beaverton too, but I remember it being quite steep, but usable and free.

When I'm in that area I usually launch at Quinns on the Peff river, $10 flat fee just off 48.

The run from Lagoon City to Crates in Keswick is quite a haul by boat, especially if it is rough. Or is there another Crates Marine in Lagoon City?

Charles

What size of boat and whats the tow vehicle .If you have smaller boat and a bigger truck I know of a concession rd access that might work .We used to launch a 15 ft tinney with a minivan ,only stuck once

Otherwise to ready to pay.

I have a seasons pass for Lagoon City only because the in laws have a cottage nearby and the 'free' launch won't do anymore .

tb