Nice catch.

Three things I miss the most having moved to Alberta from Wiarton Ontario in February of 1981. The Great Lakes and their abundance of big trout, salmon and large mouth and small mouth bass among many other species. Morels, better than steak in my books and of course puff balls. I used to shake and bake them and fry them in a little oil, awesome. And of course the maple trees for their fall colors and sap for syrup come spring. On the other hand Alberta has a lot to offer that cannot be found in eastern Canada. The scenery and abundance of wildlife is so awe inspiring it can sometimes become difficult to concentrate on the fishing. Seems you have to give up one for the other. No regrets. 

448349596_122143905710240939_7862379245924409017_n.jpg

3145877.jpg

3145912.jpg

2000x1080_jpg-2008_LakeMinnewanka_Landscape_PaulZizka1.jpg

Boss_JLB9629Media-800x533.webp

videoframe_1899411.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Howdy, long time no yak at. Not a very clear pic as time was of the essence. This was on the way to check some of my trail cams. The grizzly actually caught and killed the elk as it came down off the mountain and entered the deep snow in the ditch and barely made it up onto the road. In the picture it is dragging it off the road and back up the mountain, they have incredible power. A grizzly can break the back of a four year old steer with one swipe. The bass is from last summer. One of my buddy's sent it to me. I was caught somewhere on the Bruce Peninsula.

Edited by Barry Willis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry Willis said:

Howdy, long time no yak at. Not a very clear pic as time was of the essence. This was on the way to check some of my trail cams. The grizzly actually caught and killed the elk as it came down off the mountain and entered the deep snow in the ditch and barely made it up onto the road. In the picture it is dragging it off the road and back up the mountain, they have incredible power. A grizzly can break the back of a four year old steer with one swipe.

Is that a video clip from your dash cam ?

Posted (edited)

Hi Rick, it is actually taken through the wind shield with my little pocket camera, Nikon Cool Pix which takes very nice pics and the windshield was clean but still distorted it. I wasn't about to step out of the car and become his next meal as they are very protective of their food and he could have been on me in a second I also didn't want to take the time to get my Canon from the back seat and out of the case which should have been out of the case as I would have missed the shot. it still would not have been very clear and sharp. It all happened very fast.

Edited by Barry Willis