Report for last weekend

Jigger

Was up in Haliburton again fishing this last weekend. Fished the "home" waters, Boshkung and Twelve Mile. Caught a good number of fish, but the camera was out of batteries for the most part, so pics of Saturday are non-existant. Loaded up for Sunday, though, and didn't get quite as many, but fished a few different lakes as I had to take my daughter to camp in the afternoon.

Sunday morning saw this decent smallie eating a Pop'R for breakfast before loading the boat up...

Picture348.jpg

My darling daughter with a jigworm largemouth...

Picture347.jpg

And a largie from the pads...

Picture351.jpg

After dropping the girl off at camp, I wanted to hit my "secret" spot. Just for a couple of casts. Second cast on the lake with a JigNPig sees a big musky come out of the timber and inhale the jig. Set the hook and broke the clasp on the 50#leader! Dang! My luck is just no good with musky and Jigs. The previous weekend, I was on another lake and had a nice'ski sever my line with a Jig and another was hooked for about 5 seconds before spitting the lure right back at me. So after the leader broke, I wasn't feeling to good about my choice of lure. Sure the skis wanted it, but I couldn't for the life of me hook and land one :wallbash: ! So I cut the clasp off one of my 80# fluoro leaders and tied direct fluoro to Jig. Nothing. The Jig just didn't seem to fall right. So I put down that rod and started pitching a black and blue Stone jig hoping for a good sized largemouth to take it when an old friend came to say hello.

Last year I brought Lucid and his brother-in-law up to this spot hoping he would catch his first musky and we had a good day catching pike and bass. Had a few follows and break-offs but not one landed until Lucid finally tied into one on the last cast of the day. It ended up coming to the boat after a good battle(funny enough he landed it just like cityfisher in his report, 8lb test and a Senko. No net either). The one thing I remember about this fish is that when we brought it in the boat we noticed that it was bleeding from a cut in its head. On closer inspection we noticed that it had obviously been hooked before, because it had some line wrapped around its head. After a little sugery, she went back in to swim a little more.

Fast forward to last Sunday. I'm fishing the Stone jig and feel some weight and set the hook. Peeling drag! I know its a good musky. It comes to the surface and I notice its got a funny looking mark across its head. Its a scar! One I know well, too. I got her to the side of the boat and took this pic. You can't see the scar, but believe me, its there...

Picture349.jpg

Feels good to know that CNR works, especially when you see the same fish again with your own two eyes! When I first saw that scar it made me smile like few fish have before. Even now thinking about it puts one on my face. She was released at boatside. The jig was right in the corner of her mouth and I didn't even think about the length. She was 42.5in when Lucid landed it last year. I just wanted to watch her swim away again.

Cheers

Great story and congrats on getting that musky again Jigger.

C&R definetely works, I once got the same musky 3 times in a season...some obvious marks...and another time I got one twice in a weekend.

You'd think they'd learn after awhile :lol:

Great report with some nice fish and details!

Very nice taking the daughter for some decent fish.

Had caught the same musky on Pigeon a few years apart back about 1999- 2002.

The second time it looked healthier, C&R obviuosly works.

First time

F1010003.jpg

Second time

F1000003.jpg

Thanks for report,

ehg