Hidden Gem

BITEME

Greetings from the Coast

i dont do this but here it is anyway. 
seems to be a lot of guys with tinnies in the Gta just starting out. Now what I’m going to tell you works best on Clearwater days specifically this time of year I’m going to share with you a gator spot that is off the hook husky jerks work really well trick is to get along the bottom and you will be able to see the lure and the fish come in to strike electric is favourable but not necessary you can use a paddle to probe around. There are many places just like this all over the area.

as a bonus some “very large”smallies

so without further adoo

(43.4409960, -79.6681976)

enjoy if you dare

• Like 1

Just in case you are wondering there should be no boats in there now they would have been all pulled you will need to check(recon)

the other time to go there 2 weeks to the day ice comes out

the water is federal to the bridge fair game it’s a navigable waterway

dont forget the smallies consistent footballs

Good Luck!

Edited by BITEME

I live a stones throw away from that spot. Unfortunately the town basically banned fishing from shore in the harbour...you can only fish from August to November between 9 pm and 12am. An elderly lady was walking her dog on the pier, and got a hook in her eye with some idiot's backcast. So...town council over-reacted and just shut it all down. It was the last straw for the town, as the clowns during Salmon season were leaving behinds piles of garbage and there were numerous pic's in the local paper of waterfowl tangled in fishing line. 

But yeah, I've been in town over 50 years...I've pulled plenty of 40" + Shovelheads out of there over the years after ice out...along with piggy Bronzebacks in early summer. We would even occasionly have a prolific mid-summer Steelhead bite off the pier, when a few days of a strong north wind would allow cold water to up-well close to shore.

Oh BTW, docks and boats are still mostly in the water...town employees were on strike and just settled on the weekend. 

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

I heard about the Ban

I can guarantee you I will fish from shore if I do ever come back that way in the summer.

Ill take the hit for it as, an OG Brontonian its my heritage right, %&$*em ! 

the picture is in the cove between the ramp and the bridge on the ice

you can still slide in with the boat

yes trout in july there has been a couple good runs over the years

So where does Joe and Smitty and the Newfie fish now????

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BITEME said:

So where does Joe and Smitty and the Newfie fish now????

Ya, I've been wondering that for years now..... lol

Geeeez, those were the days.  ;)

Last I was there in late fall to launch (Bronte) they had the ramp blocked off, pricks.

• Sad 1

You can still fish the west pier at Bronte...now that the Salmon crowd is gone, Mark and Richard are pretty well the only daily regulars. Joe goes out with his little catamaran to fish north of Lakeshore as it's no longer a sanctuary.

BTW, those coordinates are for 16 Mile...

• Like 1

Nope...not a single soul today at those coordinates....so much for the theory that social media/internet burns fishing spots....lol

However, over at Bronte  I found a net strung across the creek...bank to bank. Spoke to a fella at Parks & Rec down there, and apparently it's a survey net. Halton Conservation is trying to determine if there's any Pugnose Shiners (endangered species) in the creek. Yeah, I scratched my head on that one. Not a great time of year to do it, as I would think it could potentially interfere with the migration of trout and Salmon. Hopefully no harm, as it's only being deployed for a week or so. That being said, there's really not anywhere for them to go until we get some rain. The creek upstream is only ankle deep.

20231114_125530.jpg.149fc9c71a81bcdb3ce9b092a5173a1c.jpg

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spiel said:

Ya, I've been wondering that for years now..... lol

Geeeez, those were the days.  ;)

Last I was there in late fall to launch (Bronte) they had the ramp blocked off, pricks.

I think they read your comments and took offense. They closed the ramp today just to say f u Cris....lol

20231114_140701.jpg.fe933ee918a2dc675320f434e8f8e2ef.jpg

20 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

I think they read your comments and took offense. They closed the ramp today just to say f u Cris....lol

20231114_140701.jpg.fe933ee918a2dc675320f434e8f8e2ef.jpg

Pricks. I wonder if they could actually stick a charge that would hold if I just moved the barrier over to left. ;) 
I mean seriously, if I carried a canoe or pontoon down the ramp they'd likely do nothing but if I trailer a boat down the ramp I'm now liable for some BS conceived offense. Idiots!

The upside to that photo CM is I now know your pup.  ;)

I'm hoping after this coming weekend I can find a little time for me and my boy to hang around down there.

a1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Spiel said:

Pricks. I wonder if they could actually stick a charge that would hold if I just moved the barrier over to left. ;) 
I mean seriously, if I carried a canoe or pontoon down the ramp they'd likely do nothing but if I trailer a boat down the ramp I'm now liable for some Bull conceived offense. Idiots!

The upside to that photo CM is I now know your pup.  ;)

You should know...it's Oakville. If you were launching your tinnie, they'd probably slap cuffs on you. But if you were launching your half million $$$ Beneteau, they'd roll out the red carpet...lol.

Seriously though, I launch my canoe at the dead end past the gazebo...to their credit, they do leave that one dock in fairly late into the season.

Yeah, the pup is getting a little grey in the muzzle...although at 8 years old she still has great nose for Grouse....

• Like 1

Hey Crowman

Just curious you said youve been in Oakville for 50 years and been down to sting pike and whatever else how is it that i have never crossed paths with you at some point what was your hang out 

if you saw a black tinny at some point with shark jaws painted on it trolling the rivers and later on a white starcraft rough area where you live would be helpful but not necessary just curious i cant really tell what you look like in your profile picture

cheers

Peter

When did you leave Oakville ? The shark boat sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure we've crossed paths. 

I've lived in a few places in SE...Dalewood for many years, and the last 15 years on Douglas. 

I've run various boats over the years...including at one time a blue  21 ft Grew fully rigged for Salmon trolling back in the 90's....but Im not much in to that anymore. Mostly Bass and Musky these days. I run a Lund now..but it's usually up north at the cottage..rarely fish the big O anymore from a boat. I've always fished both 16 and Bronte piers though...to this day. Usually take my dog with me...I've had Vizsla's for the past 20 years. Although I do stay away from the piers during Salmon season these days...too many clowns.

As for hanging out...depends on the decade....Sharkey's, Queen's Head, Kings Arms..

If you look at some of my previous posts...lots of pic's of me...although with age, additional pounds and subtracting hair, I do look different than even 10 years ago. Here's  a recent one...about the only one of me not wearing shades or a hat. Always had a 'stache...since I was 18

Rick

532.jpg.93c9149eab1de06e8868c2edf9ade19e.jpg

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1