This is getting stranger.

Since my Facebook account was compromised I have had a few texts telling me that "to change my password I need to enter" (and it gives me a code number). One for my Facebook account and one for my Samsung account. I have already changed my password.  Then this morning I got an email which seems to have come from here saying my account was locked because there had been 5 attempts to log in to my account from North York and that I should change my password. My account doesn't seem to be locked. I am just worried that these might be attempts to get me to change passwords that they can some how capture. Am I just being paranoid or is this another scam?

Edited by Big Cliff

They most likely had a link to your account if you use their link to change your password they will have full control of your account as it takes you to a fake Facebook and you type in all your info and they have it 

just if the emails if you want to check your account do access it the norms way you do it 

Ya, the first two were text messages, all they would need is my phone number. The email I got this morning that looked like it came from this site , well, all they would need is my email address.  I just deleated the text messages and doubt I need to change my psaaword on here and is unique to this site only.

• Like 1

Cliff if you aren't using a VPN yet I highly recommend you start using one. They are quite cheap and normally you can use 5 or more devices under the one account. Not only is your IP address hidden and can come from anywhere in the world where there is a server but all the data you send and receive is encrypted and encapsulated. It's the best security there is to protect your privacy.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Cliff if you aren't using a VPN yet I highly recommend you start using one. They are quite cheap and normally you can use 5 or more devices under the one account. Not only is your IP address hidden and can come from anywhere in the world where there is a server but all the data you send and receive is encrypted and encapsulated. It's the best security there is to protect your privacy.

Thank you again, VPN now active. 

• Like 1