Bryson Lake Lodge - looking for info

mike rousseau

I’m heading to this lodge end of May

Anyone from the group ever been to Bryson lake Lodge?

Looking for some help if you don’t mind sharing what worked for you… structure… depth… baits… or even spots

I know spot sharing is frowned upon on public water but it’s a private lodge lake so I figure no harm 

if you don’t wanna share publicly PMs are welcome 

Thanks 

I was there about 25 years ago. It was getting a lot of press at the time as one of the best "drive to"  Lake Trout lakes in Quebec. Frankly, we found the fishing average at best.

We were there in June... we did get  a few Lakers (nothing big), and the typical 30" Pike and eater Walleye that you would find anywhere in that part of Quebec...but nothing special. Even in June, the Trout were still relatively shallow...most of them we caught with Walleye jigs in about 30 fow on mid-lake humps. The Pike were really shallow in the back bays. We dealt with a cold front most of the week (so that didn'thelp the fishing), and I remember the bugs being particularly nasty. We may have just been there at the wrong time, and certainly the fishery could have changed (hopefully for the better). The lake and scenery were quite beautiful, and it was the only lodge on the lake...it was managed as a ZEC.  It was a long drive in on washboard logging road, however one of the highlights was the several bears we saw crossing it.

At the end of the day, the group I was with had no intentions of returning another year, and we moved on to different places. I don't mean to discourage you, it was a while back...lots of things can change. Let me know how you make out...I'd be interested to know.

3 hours ago, CrowMan said:

I was there about 25 years ago. It was getting a lot of press at the time as one of the best "drive to"  Lake Trout lakes in Quebec. Frankly, we found the fishing average at best.

We were there in June... we did get  a few Lakers (nothing big), and the typical 30" Pike and eater Walleye that you would find anywhere in that part of Quebec...but nothing special. Even in June, the Trout were still relatively shallow...most of them we caught with Walleye jigs in about 30 fow on mid-lake humps. The Pike were really shallow in the back bays. We dealt with a cold front most of the week (so that didn'thelp the fishing), and I remember the bugs being particularly nasty. We may have just been there at the wrong time, and certainly the fishery could have changed (hopefully for the better). The lake and scenery were quite beautiful, and it was the only lodge on the lake...it was managed as a ZEC.  It was a long drive in on washboard logging road, however one of the highlights was the several bears we saw crossing it.

At the end of the day, the group I was with had no intentions of returning another year, and we moved on to different places. I don't mean to discourage you, it was a while back...lots of things can change. Let me know how you make out...I'd be interested to know.

Well thanks for the tips and hopefully I have a better overall experience 

Good to know the trout were that shallow in June… in May they should be really shallow 

this is my first “remote” trip so more looking for the “overall” experience…. Fishing… remote peace vs my home water on the St.Lawrence with ships going by all day… play cards… hang out with good group of guys… eat good… 

It's definitely a beautiful lake and a real feel of wilderness. Yeah, in 25 years I'm sure the fishing has changed...one way or another. Besides back then, we often didn't know what we were doing anyway...lol

I do remember getting pan-size Walleye on the numerous sandbars in the lake...12 to 20 fow...standard jig with soft plastics . I don't believe they allowed live minnows.