Ahmic Lake - Magnetawan, Ontario

ccmtcanada

Bly and I are headed up to camp this weekend in Magnetawan. This year we are bringing our fishing gear. After a bit of digging around, we found that Ahmic Lake is close by. Apparently the Walleye, Pike and Perch are a-pleny there!

Anyone know of some decent spots to try out from shore there? I dont need honey holes, just some direction to shore access.

Thanks everyone!

PM me if you're not comfortable posting on the board....thanks!

The only real shore fishing spots are right in town. I think they are still catching the odd eye in there at night but lots o rock bass in there too. The walleye are very hard to catch for most on this lake (myself included :D ) and is much better for smallies and some largemouth. There is some nice pike though.

you may want to look at renting a small boat as all land around this lake is private property.

Wish I had better info for ya

Les

Thanks for the info Les! I see you are in Burks Falls...nice little town! I've been heading up to the Mag every year for the past 20 years for a camping trip with high school friends. This is the first year I've decided to scope out some fishing holes.

I'd rather stay away from the rock bass...LOL..so it looks like calling around to see about boat rentals. Thanks a lot for the info! Saved me lots of time looking for public shore spots...which apparently there aren't any...haha.

Les,

Your talking about Cliff and Carole, the both of them pull things out of the water like magic, just remember all of their posts since last fall! I'd expect a bunch of walleye pics from their outing at their current rate.

;)

Stan

Many thanks everyone who responded and PMd me info on this lake! (except Roy :lol:)

A boat has been booked...a nice wide beam 16 footer, 2 seats, fish finder...and all for the low price of 65 bucks for 6 hours. Now I gotta get up there and find some fish!!!

Report to come!!!

Stan - nothing like a little pressue on us to get a wally...LOL. We may find some deep pockets and jig for some while eating lunch on board...but I think pike and bass may the targets for the day.

Edited by ccmtcanada

lunker...I wasn't originally renting a boat, until wes told me that it's pretty much all private property around the lake. Any tips would be great! I was just going to go out there to look for windblown bait fish to get some pike in shallow weedy bays...or maybe cast towards weeds near shore for bass. Looking forward to the PM.